Say goodbye ?


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » East
July 16th 2022
Published: July 17th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Well up early to say goodbye to new travel buddies was very strange going back to an empty room, was very lucky to meet such a nice group of people, now just stuck with Phil again ?
Quite lucky because when I priced with intrepid travel for transport back to Amman I was given price of 40 dinar per person but ended up costing 4 dinar each, quite a saving!!
Once back in Amman, checked into hotel (well sort of B&B) and went for wonder round, decided to go to bar to say high to the owner of the pub we had such a good time in last Friday when we were here, it was closed and after speaking with the locals got told it was now closed permanently, oh dear hope we didn’t lose them there license for being to rowdy ?
We then went to Rainbow street, not really impressed, was nice but quite upmarket compared with everything else I’ve seen, did get a drink on the terrace if a bar where the staff once again were very charming & funny oh and got the most delicious sand which for £3 which after eating half of it I was full so kept other half for my evening meal, bargain?
We walked back into old town and I had ice cream on the roof terrace of the very colourful cafe we had gone into last week then we just sat & enjoyed the sunshine.
We walked down to the Roman Theatre to have our evening meal on the square and noticed a door open at the side if the theatre I went to see what it was, it was the parliament building, the man on the door very kindly let us in even though we didn’t have tickets.
Spent evening in square just watching local families enjoying themselves was lovely seeing all the kids playing makes a change from seeing our lot constantly on their phones, again got talking to some lovely people.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb