Jordan is ancient cities, Jordan is shimmering deserts, Jordan is nomadic hospitality, Jordan is Roman ruins, Jordan is biblical sights, Jordan is floating on the Dead Sea, Jordon is diving the Red Sea, above all Jordan is safe!
This might come as a shock to some of you, but Jordan is, in fact, perfectly safe to visit. Too many potential tourists are scared off by its location, bordering war-torn Iraq and Syria. Unfortunately this has caused a drop in tourist numbers, and tourism is a big source of revenue for the country.
So put away your misconceptions and come visit this country, you will return a changed person. From bustling Amman, to rock-hewn Petra, to camping under the stars in a Bedouin tent in the desert, to visiting the spot where John the Baptist did his thing, to Crusader castles and Roman ruins there is much to see and do in Jordan. So much so that you probably will want to come back for more after your first visit.
Jordan beckons! And it beckons well!
Highlights from Jordan
- Visit the museums, citadel and many other sights of Amman
- Follow in the footsteps of Indiana Jones and visit the famous rock-hewn temples of Petra
- Go diving in the Red Sea in Aqaba
- Float on the Dead Sea
- Take trip out into the desert and spend the night in a Bedouin tent at Wadi Rum
- Walk around the extensive Roman ruins of Jerash
- Look at Byzantine mosaics in Madaba
- Visit the Crusader Castles of Krak, or Shobak (aka Montreal)
- See where John the Baptist was beheaded by Herod at Machaerus
- Inspect the incredible frescoes of Qusayr Amra
Hints and Tips for Jordan
<Missing Content: tb_location_hintsntips_721_>