Last Day ?


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » East
July 17th 2022
Published: July 18th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast was ok but nothing to shout about, went for coffee on balcony of local cafe then just had a wonder around before walking to ‘The Blue Mosque’
Had to don appropriate outfit which they provided, long gown and scarf over head, how on earth do ladies of this faith survive? the sweat was dripping of me in seconds! In the mosque which was huge we had to take our shoes off before entering, wow I have never felt carpet like it, was so soft and thick felt like you were on a trampoline, very luxurious.
Was lovely but because of the heat couldn’t wait to get out of there.
Went to rooftop rainbow cafe for milkshake and obviously sunshine (it is my last day) then walked up to old part of town to meet up with Yasar (tour guide from Wadi Rum) on way came across Kahlid institute foundation total out of the blue, gorgeous roof top cafe with absolute stunning views.
Met Yasar in bar called Reds, he was with a few of his friends they were all lovely and made us feel so welcome. Yasar even insisted on paying the bill & wouldn’t take no for an answer even though we’d had food which was delicious. Yasar then insisted on driving us back to hotel giving us a guided tour on way, really wished I’d known this area was here previously as feel I would have spent more time here, was even a Paris Square, much better than Rainbow Street.
Well home tomorrow not looking forward to journey ?


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb