Hippy Bathday's!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk » Ipswich
June 7th 2010
Published: June 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

STOWMARKET

Well a couple tubes and we are soon in Liverpool Street station train tickets in hand half an hour early. Mmmm time for lunch in the form of an Upper Crust baguette. The time passes as we are people watching and we are soon on a direct train to Stowmarket. We had booked table seats on the National Express train, but were a little surprised to see that we were in airline seats! Oh well at least we are facing the right way!

We jump off at the very pretty station and see a Julia bounding up giving us a huge bear hug (amazingly powerful for her size!), I think she missed us! And sitting there is her brad new motor! A huge Audi estate monster thing! Lovely!

Julia whisks us home and we drop our bags in our room for the week. We get the ‘grown up’ sitting room with our own TV, which Charlotte soon sets up the Wii on. It is the end of the school day, so as a surprise for the girls we walk to school with Julia to pick them up. Mia (Charlotte’s God daughter) first from the nursery class, then Isobel from middle class five minutes later. They were very excited to see us! Lots of cuddling and giggles, then the long walk home! Georgia walks herself home as she is in big school and it is probably a little uncool to be picked up by us!

Julia cooks up a storm in the kitchen as Charlotte introduces the kids to the pleasures of Mario Kart on the Wii! They all proceed to spend every waking moment, including all weekend, on their whooping Charlotte’s Arse!

Saturday was a relaxing day, we grabbed up the children, well Georgia and Isobel, and went for a wander around the town, picking up a new Wii controller as one of the ones in the box are not working correctly. It was market day, so we had a quick look around some of the stalls before the rain made the stall holders cover up there wears. We treated the girls to cheese burgers for lunch from the local burger van, yummy!

As we walk in the door we see that Dan has put out lunch for the girls, so quickly own up that we had treated them! Opps! The girls including Charlotte went back to the Wii for the afternoon, that is until the door bell went and Dan indicated that it was for Charlotte. When she went to the door, she was surprised to find that she was being handed a very nice vase of flowers for her birthday from Liam’s Sister and brother in law, Siobhan and Ben. A bit later the door bell goes again and it s Lorraine, Charlotte does like answering the door! It’s all good thing’s.

Lorraine has popped down from Kent for the night to help us all celebrate Charlottes 35th birthday an night of diner, drinking and catching up ensued. We were soon on our way out, Liam and the girls, Charlotte, Lorraine and Julia. Liam did have a buzzer on his phone that he threatened to use if the conversation got too girly (as if with this lot!). We went to ‘The Oak’ in town which had a great mix of both people and music. Everyone from squaddies to mothers to goths to us!

Jemma (who works with Julia) popped in after a very long day at a festival for a few drinks with friends too. Coming towards the end of the night Julia decided she wanted to go to jokers for some dancing! Unfortunately it is a bit late and we have all had a skin full, so Liam picks Julia up and throws him over her shoulder and starts the march back home.

Half way home Julia turns into a wiggly bag of worms and some how both of them end up on the floor, with the largest thump coming from Julia’s head hitting the road near Asda. It was all very funny until Julia did not get up. Charlotte went over but Julia has been knocked unconscious. We got her up and back home, but she kept passing out, so we got Dan up and both Lorraine and Dan took her to hospital.

Liam went to bed as he had a bump to the head too and Charlotte sat up waiting for them to come home. She was playing on the internet on the laptop when she spilt some tea on the keyboard and fried half the key’s.

Julia came back although she was talking a bit crazy and passing out on the way to and in hospital as soon as she got a bit of sense back she discharged herself and was out of there before they had even got around to seeing her.

Defiantly a lay in this morning as we did not get to bed until after 4am and there was no dancing either! Julia woke her up with a pile of presents that she was not expecting, along with a bottle of pink bubbly, yummy. Janet (Julia’s mother & Charlotte’s god mother) along with Charlotte (Julia’s sister) arrived for Sunday dinner and we had a very chilled out day with the best roast prepared lovingly by Dan for Charlotte’s Birthday.

We settle easily into family life, which for us is nice long lay in’s as Julia drop’s the children to school followed buy days chilling out before we went to collect the children from school. Invariably we would end up taking the girls into town via Asda on the way home for a variety of things from passport photo’s to Slippers for Liam as his feet got cold and he was jealous of the ones Charlotte had got for her birthday.

Isobel went off on Wednesday for a couple of days on a school adventure holiday camp thing, so there was quite a bit of last minute packing and shopping for things that had been forgotten, like more slippers! A couple more days of having the girls to ourselves and the watching of a weird film ’44ins chest’ with Ray Winstone! Then we were off and away to our next destination, just before Isobel arrived home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb