Fly Bye!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hertfordshire
May 19th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Quite a comfortable journey, although the plane was full to the rafters, with kids everywhere! We both managed to get a bit of sleep on the way home, which was quite handy as we were due to land at seven in the morning.

Ben and Siobhan were kind enough to pick a couple of weray travellers up and after a refreshing coffee we were on our way home to Liam's Mum & Dad's house. We got dropped off to hug's and kisses and more coffee, before Siobhan and Ben were on there way to a friends wedding, we hope they can keep there eyes open and enjoy the posh hotel that they have booked for the event.

We spent some time catching up with the family before Charlotte finally caved in and crashed out on the sofa for a few Z's. We were trying to stay up all day to beat the jet lag!

After a lovely supper we headed over to see Charlotte's friend and neighbour Yvonne for a gossip and were suprised by Tracy also. After a nice bottle of wine we caught a lift up to the Monken Holt for a few more beverages and a snuggle with Slim, who proudly anounced that 'Tall bloke & tits' were back on his facebook. I think that means he likes us!

Bank holiday Monday came along with our first real experience of the cold weather. After a relaxing morning we walked down to Whetstone for a 30th birthday meal for Karen. Whilst we were waiting outside 'Al Frescos' for everyone to arrive, Karen spots us from the top of the bus. Not believeing it was us, she ignored us, until Pete prodded her and she jumped off of the bus and came running down the road at full pelt! At this sight, just as she was arriving, we also ran! Giggling we were enveloped in a huge hug and lots of tears! Not what we were planning on causing on Karens 30th!

Inside we caught up with the gang, which included the Getting's, the Roberts, the Bulling's, the Shaw's and finally joined by the Arkwright's and Wright's. After some lovely grub, a few bottles of Whetstones best and Ben (bestfriend) trying to steal a baby, we headed over to The Griffin for a few pints of 'Twig Beer'. As usual we are the last to leave and head home for a well deserved rest.

A week of rest and relaxation ensues, although Charlotte does get her hands on the kitchen and whip's up a couple of splendid meals. Tuesday involved a walk up to Barnet with Liam popping in to see Terry from work, whilst Charlotte caught up with Jessica in the High Barnet office of Bairstow Eves. We headed up to 'The Spires' to see if we could catch Greaham at work, but unfortunatly he was on holiday. Though Charlotte did managed to have a catch up with Richie Rock. We had a quite night in as Shirley was at Badgers and Seamus had a dinner meeting.

Wednesday was more relaxing as Charlotte escaped for a night with the girls (Shehani & Shona) at the Griffin, catching up and shareing the gossip and stories of travel. Thursday brings a tough day where we clear out the spare bedroom as a suprise for Liam's parents and put up a bed. This will also help for the weeked when Siobhan & Ben will be staying for Karens fancy dress party.

Trying to get hold of the tennent foravisit on Friday as we were in the area,she advised us that her uncle had died so was in Clacton. She did not know when she would be back, but we could call back at the weekend. By the time we had walked up to the spires she had called back to advise that she had spoken to her mum and if we could come around on Monday afternoon it would give her time to tidy up after returning on Sunday.

After a long day we went out and left Shirley to show Seamus the room, whilst we quench our thurst at the Monken Holt quiz night. When we arrived there were not many people there so we did not form a team. But soon we were joined by Andy, Cliff, Jo & Peter, Louisa, Nilifer and Slim. Happy days.

Fridays activitie's included a visit to 'Party, Party' for our fancy dress outfits. Liam settled on ' The Joker' from Batman although he is going as a mixture of all three. Charlotte was torn between Superwoman and Wonderwoman, but Wonder woman won outas it was a little sexier. We headed up to Barnet for accessory's, then over to Yvonnes for the evening again.

On arriving at Yvonne's we were immedaitely struck by the huge (biggest we have seen) Happy Birthday Banner. Not seeing either Nicola or her car we did begin to wonder what was going on! Ready for a big party we settle in upstairs and are suprised by Michelle and Sonnie! Phillipa showed up, followed by Tracy and a box of Muffins. Yum. We had a great night of wine and jolity, whilst Charlotte kept a suriptitious eye on downstairs. Luckily there was nothing more than a couple of lads having a fag outside. So we disbanded about 1am and Rowen gave us a lift home, which was much apreciated as the temprature felt like it was below freezing and that was just getting in and out of the car!

Saturday was a day of preperation for the big event! Karen's 30th Birthday party down at 'The catcher in the Rye' in Finchley. Siobhan & Ben arrive nice and early and Charlotte served up a nice spaggetti bolognese. Frantic dressig up ensued with us getting into our outfits and Siobhan getting into the Pirates outfit and Ben arrived in his Maverick (from Top Gun) outfit.

Seamus gave us all a lift to the party, but Liam had to stop off at the BP Petrol station to get some cash. In the full make up he managed to scare the 'B Jesus' out of the girl at the cash point, along with several passers by en route.

Arriving we saw many amazing outfits including the lady of the hour as a ballerina and Pete as Postman Pat. Lots of catching up and a bit of dancing before time for a taxi home!

Sunday was a real hangover day, we did not even leave the house, but Shirley cooked a mean roast, which ain't bad for a Veggie! We get a call from tennent to say the baby is not feeling too well, so can we go around before 12noon as she needs to go to the doctors.

Monday at 5.20am we get a text from the tennent to advise that she has gone into hospital and is going to be kept in. If we let her know when we want to go around she will arrange for her brother or mother to be there. We text to say 12.30 would be good and in the mean time spoke to Yvonne who called as she was off work ill, so we arranged to go upstairs after we had seen the flat.

we arrived and it was in a better condition than expected, yes there was mould, but not alot and it was drying out! They had messed up the painting of the bathroom as they had put normal emulsion over kitchen & bathroom paint, not a good look as the paint runs down the wall, with the moisture from the bath. We spent 10 minuites waxing the garden table before heading off. On the way out however we did discover that the tennent had managed to take all of the leather off of both of the sofa seats. Not good!

Tuesday we went up to 'The Spires' to catch up with Graham the centre manager and he told us all about his plans to climb a mountain in Peru with his girlfriend for charity! What a man. Charlotte finally got a pair of £5 pumps to keep her feet dry and warm.

On Wednesday Charlotte went to hospital with Yvonne to hospital for a round of blood tests and chest x-rays (and more gossiping), then Liam went down to catch up with Ben in 'The Griffin' in Whetstone. Charlotte settled in for the night and Shirley cooked a lovely chicken meal. Just as she was tucking into dessert Liam calls to say Elen is on her way if she would like to join them (Charlotte thinks he just needed someone to bring him home!).

Charlotte jumped on the bus and met up with everyone, poor Ben had 'man flu' and after a quick drink and a bit of a catch up we decamped to the 'Pizza Express' next door (due to the football!). As Charlotte had had a huge dinner she sat there picking on olives watching the others have a lovely meal and of course helped drink the wine (he, he).

Thursday was a 'big gay day' out for Charlotte as she was meeting up with her mate Ian. They met at Oxford Circus and after a lot of time whilst Ian tried to download a map to show the way to the bikini shop (Charlotte found the way in 1 min by looking at the local map in the station!). A quick in and out at 'Bravissamo' and she had a new black bikini. Next up dinner at 'GBK - Gourmet Burger Kitchen' and Charlotte indulged a lovely lamb buger with fries, a wonderful garlic mayo that has so much garlic in burns(poor Liam!), onion rings and a bottle of wine. Followed by another bottle of wine along with more gossip at the Leicester Square 'All Bar One'. Back home and after a little snooze a bit of packing.

Friday was the day we needed to move on so with both parents off we moved the last of our stuff into our bags, gave Seamus a hug and kiss goodbye. Shirley dropped us to the tube station and we were soon on our way to Stowmarket to meet up with Charlotte's bestfriend Julia for her birthday on Sunday.



Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 28


Advertisement



Tot: 0.349s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.2662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb