Day 4 8/4/12 Roncesvalles - Zubiri 22km (clothes on heaters)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre
April 24th 2012
Published: April 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Started walking by 7.30 today. The municilpes abergues dont supply breakfast.

Today was a very hilly day. Any one that has walked up to Mt Lofty I would compare it to walking to the top coming half way down just to go up again and we do that for most of the day. Stopped and bought breakfast from a bar (deli here some of them sell alcohol) Walked some more and ate some ham and bread roll for lunch on the side of the road which we had bought earlier.

Once again the country side is green. It makes walking so easy when we have such great views all around us.....but am sure we would get to our destination a couple of hours earlier if we didnt stop to take photo's of everything we pass. Snow on the mountains in the distance and the sun was shining. Met some horses in the paddock stoped and said Hi, I dont think they understand english, so I just kept on walking. We came across horses through quite a few paddocks and at least one or two would have a cow bell around their neck.Such a great noise to hear every now and again that with the church bells ringing everytime we are in a little town. All sounds great.

We arrived at Zubiri at about 3.30pm and had another great place to stay at. The first albergue was full, which I am sure would be the always like that as its the first that everyone see's after a hard days walking. Met a guy there that comes from Camberra who's son is at the RAH and should be at Hampstead by the time we get back. Its a small world am sure we will catch up with him one day at work.

Met up with Kym from USA again. Have met her along the track and seem to be bumping into her a lot. She wants to write a book and am sure she will write about her walk.

Had a lovely meal at the albergue.....people from all walks of life and different countries but all doing the same thing at this time in life.....walking the camino.

Did some hand washing and hung it all over the heaters to dry and went to bed by 9.30

End of day 3


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb