Sept 19


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Granon
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Villafranca 19kms

Very overcast,damp,but great for walking.Wide gravel track.We stopped in Belorado for breakfast for about an hour.I felt a little cold today and both of us were a little sluggish.I think it may have been all the food Ana gave us.ostly open fields again today,we arrived at 1.00pm

The hotel had an albergue attached to it.He had everything from 5.00 euros to 70.00,pretty much had the market covered.Hotel San Abad.We met a south Texas couple,Dan and Mercedes,had dinner and walked a while with them.

Sept 20

Atapuerca 19kms.left about 8.30,very foggy and damp.The first 12 kms were all up and down,I assuWred Aiden the views were supposed to be worth it.Did I mention the fog?The last 6-8kms it brightened up considerbly.We spent most of the day walking through pine and oak forests.There was some logging going on,so the trail was really good.We stopped in San Juan for lunch and visited the church.The town was named after Juan,who spent his life building bridges,hospitals,churches,and hostals in this area.

We met more Texans,Vincent and Chris.She was a vegetarian and he owned a Tex-Mex restaurant,very funny couple.Alison and Tina were also at dinner(met them earlier on) and invited us to celebrate Tina's 1000kms so far.Everyone met in Burgos in Plaza Major the next day at 6.00pm.

Sept 21 Burgos

It took 3hours to see the cathedral(21 chapels).The stonework was amazing,also a museum of some very old artifacts.It got to be a little overwhelming.At 6.00 we met at th Plaza and a lot of people showed up.Two more people from Quebec had also walked 1000kms from Le Puy and a guy from Rome,2000kms for him. We had quite a party,got some great video,Tina sang something in french from Le Miserable.Great nite! We stayed in Burgos another day.I found I liked it more than Pamploma,and of course I found another market.I have never seen people cut up meat and fish like these guys.Friday nite and the streets are crowded again.Families of all ages dress up and go out to dinner and just stroll around.At 9.00pm little kids are so well behaved and the young parents seem to pay so much attention to them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb