Sept 14


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Logroño
September 24th 2012
Published: September 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hard to get time on the internet,plus I¨m lazy.

Off to Logrono,only 10 kms,easy day.Pop 130,000,stayed in a hotel again,showered,cafe.We found a market,so that was it for me!Every kind of fresh meat,and all and I mean ALL their parts.Nose to tail,eh Patrick.Fish is very expensive in this part of Spain.Smoked salmon, the small package 30.00 euros.

met some kids 30 somethings,Simon and Mercedes from England.We spent the evening with beer and pinchos(tapas),Simon had become a bit of an expert.Pigs cheeks! Mercedes said they could of been a little bit more crusty,I thought they were fine and Aiden didn¨t know what he ate.

It was the beginning of a festival.crazy nite,but we slept in,had a long breakfast.I left Aiden with cafe con leche and a basket of pastries.

On to Najera,when we checked in the guy gave us earplugs,shrugs his shoulders and says¨¨festival¨¨.

Still very busy town,walked around,ate and generally watched people.Locals everywhere,young and old,and they stayed out all nite.We left at 6.00am and the street was still full of young people,singing out to us (buen camino!)

Sept 16

Arrived Santo Domingo around 12.00pm.Very level trail,made good time,but my feet were killing me.Aiden wore new hikers,no problem.We stayed a convent run by cistercian nuns.58 euros includes breakfast and dinner... we thought.Nope,another 30.euros when we checked out,only time we felt short changed and it was a religous order,didn¨t help I was having flashbacks to Sister Celestine!

Area today was more agricultural.

Sept 17

We left at 8.oo arrived 1.00,around 20kms today.Villamayor del Roi.Very open,lots of fields,and at the end a lot of asphalt,feet were hot.We had to walk an extra km,to acasa rural called La Cantada,owned by a wonderful woman called Ana de la Cruz.She didn't speak much english,I guess we looked rough though so she did our laundry gave us beer,wine,plate of cheese and meat,and then a big plate of pasta.I could of kissed her.We slept,and then she cooked again,great day.Her daughter came, spoke english,and booked the next couple of days for us in the next towns.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb