Sept 23


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Burgos
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hornillos 21kms

We left at 7.00,had our cafe con leche and tostado and walked 11kms beforem we stopped for more cafe.Aiden could'nt believe how far we had come.We made such good time that first part,we stopped twice more and slowed down.It was sunny,with a little wind,more fields,flat,Meseta country.We saw a shepard with his sheep,and then 2 guys with a donkey loaded down.They were stopped drinking beers when we passed.This was a very quiet town in a peaceful way.We had lunch with 2 Aussies,Judy and Hugh and supper with Olan and Suze from Norway.They had a lot of questions about Canada.

Sept 23-Castrojeriz 20kms

our time today was good,left 7:15 to 12pm.We stopped in Hontanas for cafe and pastries (seems like we are always eating?)Small town,but seems busy.After that more Meseta,some cloud cover and wind.The last few kms were on a tree lined road.big oaks.The wind through trees made me a little homesick,good day walking.The hotel was a little hard to find so we wasted some time and walking there.The village looks very pilgrimish,we didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling here at all,and then it poured rain.Quite nite for us,hoping everything would dry overnite.

Sept 24 Fromista 26kms

We left7:15 and arrived 2:00pm,stopped about an hour in total,a long day for us.It was a very steep climb out of Castrojeriz,but the track was wide and level,so it wasn't to bad in the dark.The wind was blowing hard about 40-50 an hour we figured.About 8kms into it,there was a picnic area,and Aiden jokingly said "there's Tim's",and sure enough there was a guy offering coffee and fruit for a donation!I think he made more than if he charged.We had to keep jackets and hoods up,Aiden got 2 blisters and we arrived beat.The last 6kms were along a canal from the 18th century with 50 locks.We slept well,but woke to more wind!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb