Last full day in Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
June 21st 2009
Published: June 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

This is Morgan!! Hola! this is our last full day in Madrid, we leave for Barcelona tomorrow early afternoon. Last night was a lot of fun, we went to a tapas bar in one of the many small alleys. This alleyway had maybe 4 or so different restaurants, so there were tables and people everywhere. We had really good cheese and traditional cured ham. I also had a cosmopolitan lol, Dad was freaking out that I would not be able to handle it... and Mere had one too and he was freaking out even more about that... but it was good and I was fine lol. It was funny because the whole time we were at the restaurant we were talking to our waitress in Spanish and trying to figure out how to say different things to her in Spanish, and at the end of the meal Dad asked her where she was from and she said England! So then we talked to her for a while, she studied Spanish and came to work in Spain to improve her spanish... pretty cool.

Then we headed back to the hotel, I was getting tired so we kinda hung out for a while and dad went out for a drink. We called home and then mere got bored so she called dad to see if she could join him. I decided to tag along, he was at a place across the street. We got there and found out that dad had made some friends lol. We ended up having a couple beers and talking to a couple from England and two women from Australia! It was so interesting to talk to them, we talked about all kinds of stuff. The english couple were on holiday and Spain is only one hour difference from England so I guess it was not that big of a time difference or trip, but of course the Australian women had come a long way. They were also on vacation, but this was the beginning of an 8 week vacation for them. They had already been to Greece, now Spain, they are going to England, Las Vegas, and a few other places around the world... sounds awesome!!! (and exhausting! lol)

Last night was fun, and we got to bed around 2 am... got up today at like noon lol then had breakfast. Dad is going to do laundry and Mere and Andy are out shopping, I'm going to shower and then go buy some post cards! lol, We plan on going to a bull fight this evening around 7, which should be interesting.

Well I will probably write later!!!

-Morgan 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb