Day 33 Wurzburg to Madrid via Frankfurt


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
May 20th 2018
Published: May 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

For the first time in all our years of travel we took a taxi from our accommodation to the train station as we were reasonably well presented today. However, that “well presented” quickly disappeared, for Jane at least, as she, upon taking a sip of her coffee, spilt it over her recently washed and ironed shirt, with the coffee going on through to her underneath white shirt. A quick change on the station platform was necessary.

Whilst waiting in the train carriage a group of about 15 German men, resplendently dressed in lederhosen and all the Bavarian attire, accompanied by at least 15 cases of beer, multitude of thick sausages, sauce, bread rolls, grouped just outside our carriage waiting for their train on the opposite platform. I could not let an opportunity for a spontaneous photo go by and not go give my greetings. As soon as they saw me and the camera it became instantly raucous and a group photo was set up within seconds. If only school staff were as quick! Upon hearing my Australian accent a beer was in my hand before I had a chance to accept. 8.15 in the morning! It was a stag party for one of the men. Beer and food had already been fueling them all and they were set for the day.

With German efficiency the train departed exactly as listed. The train journey to Frankfurt on the quietest train ever, was along very picturesque countryside with the river on our left, the occasional river cruiser and barge moving along, small villages of small homes with high pitched rooves set amongst the many valleys and hillsides, with forest, vineyards and the occasional cleared paddock for farming dominating the surrounds. Our short stay in Germany was concluding in a very pleasant way.

Seasoned travellers as we are (!!!) we made our way to the airport via airport train, fed our luggage through, boarded the flight to Madrid but not before we heard that the Eagles had thumped the Tigers by 47 points, collected our luggage on arrival, taxied it to our accommodation at the Agumar Hotel, another winner, settled in and now for a relaxing cold drink and hopefully a damn good nights sleep but not before we wandered around the block to see what neighbourhood we were in. We noted a fully family active neighbourhood with a variance of architecture and pride in building upkeep. Very pleasing indeed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement













Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb