Day 32 Wurzburg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Würzburg
May 19th 2018
Published: May 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Didn't step out until 3pm and then to be greeted by the many church bells ringing. Either was us they were greeting or it happened to signal 3pm. Sunshine and people joyfully interacting with life was all around us. We made our way to the fountain square where a market was in progress, continuing on past until we were meandering our way through laneways hemmed in by beautifully and ornately painted walls and fascades and cobbled paths and roads until we reac...hed our destination of UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site Residence Palace, built from 1720-1744. We took our time walking and gawking at the beautifully manicured gardens and clean paths and families strolling together enjoying what we were enjoying. Wurzburg has everything ... and all so close ... and all so well presented ... and all so ... even pips Prague as the place of beauty ... and ... we loved Prague.

The people were out in force upon the Alte Mainbrucke, peacefully enjoying a drink of their choice, sitting or standing in groups along the bridge wall, on the side path, even playing cards whilst drinking a wine and listening to a quality busker earning a Euro or two.
Not a yob in sight. Continuing along the river wall towards our hotel similar scenes greeted us as a large barge slowly cruised past followed by an incoming day river cruise boat from Wurzburg. And to think that people are fighting
wars in other parts of the world. This is so far removed from it all.

Ever had a meal where you didn't want it to end because it was just so, so, so damn good? I just had a meal like that. As a matter of fact I've had quite a few meals like that. Travel enjoyment equals people, sights and food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement
























Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb