Day 24 - Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
May 19th 2016
Published: May 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Last night went out to dinner and tried lots of tapas which was amazing, one of the best meals I've had. After dinner we went to the supermarket and bought one bottle of beer/cider. We only did this because in Europe we can drink alcohol anywhere we want, on the street, at the beach, in the parks, whereas in nz we can't do that. The supermarket assistant even offered to ask us if we wanted our bottles open inside the supermarket. So we just walked down to the pier and finished off our drink there. It was definitely a weird feeling walking down the street with an open bottle! After we walked to the pier we went to a flamenco dancing show where they performed their traditional Spanish dancing. It was so beautiful, I was tapping my feet the whole way through and was engrossed in the performance until the very end. The women wore traditional Spanish dresses with different coloured frills and the men wore suits, they were so quick with their feet I've never seen anything like it!

This morning we got on the hop on/hop off bus and went to Park Guell which is also designed by Gaudi. We walked around and saw the iconic pictures of Barcelona with the mosaic Park benches and the colourful towers. We then got back on the bus and got off again at Montjuic where we took a cable car to the top of the mountain and back. Unfortunately I got the hiccups before I got on the cable car, so the people opposite us offered me some mints to see if it would help (which didnt), then it finally went away, but has been coming and going throughout the day since then (I've tried drinking water upside down..... Worked the first time but not now argh!). We then got the bus back to our hotel and then went out for a cheaper dinner...... Plus Ben and jerry's ice cream for dessert as it's too expensive in nz! Anyway time for sleep before our last full day tomorrow in Barcelona. Adios!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb