I ate Jellyfish, not fully cooked Chicken and Sea Anemome - really


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
December 6th 2014
Published: December 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

post3post3post3

sea weed salad in a rock
Thursday night we went to Dos Palilos in Barcelona. It is a Japanese tapas bar.

"Dos Palillos restaurant Barcelona. 1 Michelin star 2014. Chef Albert Raurich, former chef de cuisine at the world famous El Bulli restaurant was awarded the first Michelin star in 2013 for Dos Palillos which is located in the popular boutique hotel Casa Camper"

The food was great but VERY interesting. I do have to say my favorite dish was one of the jellyfish dishes and this one had mushroom in it too. Everyone knows I'm not found of mushrooms. We all agreed this dish was great. The next best dish was the not fully cooked chicken. We were all skeptical about the chicken but figured they would not serve us the dish if it was going to make us sick. It was a seared chicken but definitely not cooked inside. I just kept thinking about Hell's Kitchen and what Chef Ramsey would say. ;-)

There were about 12 different dishes we sampled and each one was very interesting and inspiring. I can say the prices was not cheap but to go to a Michelin Star restaurant was a real treat. Next time I come
post4post4post4

chicken - that was seared - notice it's not fully cooked
to Barcelona to visit Nicky and Tim I want to go to Tickets another one of his restaurants. Oh yes, you can't just show up - reservations are made 2 months in advance.



Friday we took the high speed train to Cordoba. The train ride was almost 5 hours and we did have to switch trains in Madrid. Cordoba is in Southern Spain and Nicky and Tim said I needed to see some of the "Real" Spain, not just the Barcelona area, the Rioja area and the Basque Country. Nicky found the place we are staying, it's an apartment and it's located right in the heart of the town. We walked all over the town yesterday - ate tapas for lunch and dinner and just chilled. It was a good day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

post5post5
post5

One of the deserts. The leaf had a coating on it - very good but you couldn't eat it.
post2post2
post2

Kitchen in the flat we are staying in
post1post1
post1

Roman bridge and Mosque and Chapel at night - Cordoba


Tot: 0.471s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb