Strike Two – The French Strike Again


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
June 25th 2014
Published: June 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

DSCN0265DSCN0265DSCN0265

Port Wine tasting
We began the day with a leisurely brunch out by the pool (who cares if it rains). Service is – slooooow, but the food was good. The bagel I ordered with my breakfast was 2 -18 inch long bricks of bread. Susan’s muffins became a plate of bread which consisted of 2 chocolate cupcakes without icing, a vanilla cupcake without icing and 2 croissants, and 2 “other things”. The hash browns were round but hash browns. The bacon as a ¼ lb of wide strip bacon per person. Nicky and Tim got pancakes and French Toast with 2 cups of whip crème per plate. This was considered an American breakfast. No wonder all the Americans are obese.

After our tif with the checkout – they just couldn’t get the bill right or our names right or well anything right, we took a cab to the airport “guide tour” with a cabbie who didn’t even know the score of the soccer game but he was really funny and nice.

At the airport we learned we couldn’t even check in until our flight appeared on the monitor. Where is our flight, it’s time for it to appear. Finally.. we head to
DSCN0266DSCN0266DSCN0266

Our wine toast
check in. When checking our luggage they asked about sharp items and liquids in our suitcase, he pointed to the checked luggage and Susan yes. You should have seen his eyes. Well, he meant carry and once she explained all was well. That’s when they told us our flight would be delayed because of the stupid French ATC going on strike. I hate France they strike anytime they can to screw up my travel.

It still hasn’t rained, of course the day we are spending at the airport instead of siteseeing, it doesn’t rain….. After learning our flight was delayed even further, we decided to take a lunch break of ice crème and sorbet. It was delicious. We sit down and read and relax and then discover it delayed yet another hour. So now you get to see the pictures of our day in Lisbon or Lisboa as they say it here.

Nicky and Tim abandoned us, we may have embarrassed them. Little do they know that we are now preparing for our port wine tasting. And if they don’t come soon, without them. (ok Port Wine Chocolate)

Will we ever to get to Barcelona. I really
DSCN0263DSCN0263DSCN0263

Nicky, Tim and Susan shopping
hate the French.

We finally got to Nicky and Tim's place about 10pm. I was glad to finally get here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

DSCN0264DSCN0264
DSCN0264

Sorry Stephanie, Susan couldn't find your necklace. Sorry mom, no makeup either


Tot: 0.413s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0947s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb