Day 44 Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
May 31st 2018
Published: May 31st 2018
Edit Blog Post

The outside day began with a walk to the Metro which took us to the Funicular to take us to the cable car atop Parc de Montjuic. From there it was sensational views over Barcelona Harbour, Marina Port Vell, Barcelona City plus more. It was through no astute planning that we decided to take the cable car “down”, however, very fortunate, because there was only another couple in our able car. The cable cars coming up were squashed in like sardines and the lines and wait below, long. Jane gossiped the whole journey down, missing most of the all-round views, whilst I happily went snapping away and soaking in the sights at the same time. A cruise ship had entered harbour and was turning around as if on a three penny piece. We travelled over the terminals, the World Trade Centre and the marinas.

After a very short walk we reached the beach, took in the sights and ambled to a beach café for a coffee. From there it was walking, exploring and seeing the wealth/opulence in Marina Port Vell. Cashing in all of our superannuation, selling our home and everything else we own, would have seen us still “not” afford the deposit on many of the super yachts moored. (Sam, there are openings for tall, blonde, neatly bearded, personable and qualified mariners to Skipper these super yachts in the Med for an astronomical tax free salary. You can set yourself up. I’ll clean. Mum will cook. You’ll be ‘boss’. It’s yours for the taking.)

Time was ticking on, so it was a wave goodbye to Christopher Columbus, as we headed into the heart of the city to find the exact place we had enjoyed lunch yesterday. We found it or should I say Jane found it, memory was spot on today, and we settled into the 3 course special of the day which included paella. All was washed down with a carafe of wine, ¾ Jane and a light coke, me.

Metro time again and it was off to the Sagrado Familia for Jane to visit the inside, at a cost. Jane had tried booking on-line from the time of arrival but with no success so it was a wait-in-line and buy your ticket. Bad news; the only available ticket was for 7pm and that meant a 4 hour wait. No thanks was the response. A reason to return.

The sun shone strongly all day so the finding of shade in a park to rest awhile before returning to our hotel was in order. Apart from the disappointment of not seeing inside the Sagrado we achieved all our other goals and had a very enjoyable fun time doing so.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement





Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb