Day 43 Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
May 31st 2018
Published: June 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

If anyone asks us what was the major thing we noticed (and liked) about Barcelona, we would respond by saying that every street and road had trees both sides and on many occasions down the middle too. The trees stood out and that’s impressive. There is no building in Barcelona taller than any building in our city of Perth. A very uniform height throughout. A huge proportion of the residents live in apartments/flats. Barcelona is a city that benefited enormo...usly from having the Olympic Games in 1992. It transformed the city. Many areas were developed and redeveloped. The result was that the people benefited post Games. Many locals have spoken of that. There has been no negativity.

Today we used the Hop On Hop Off bus to explore a greater area of Barcelona. Naturally we clicked away whilst listening to and learning from the earphone commentary and hopped off when an area took our interest. It was at these times that we tasted the local culinary delights. We had a pretty fun day which saw us arriving back to our accommodation after 9pm. Just short of 12 hours on the go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 22


Advertisement












Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb