Fromista to Carrion de Los Condes


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Fromista
September 15th 2017
Published: September 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

First, let me apologize for the photos. I didn't realize the lens was dirty until we had been in Carrion de Los Condes for a while. We left the albergue around 7:30, heading towards our final destination of Carrion de Los Condes, about 20 kilometers away. Since the dining area of the albergue wasn't open and we weren't sure which if any of the four small towns ahead had any place to eat, we stopped at the Cafe Bar Puzzles for a light breakfast. I had my heart set on a delicious looking fruit pastry, but there were only 2 and Raresh and Livija ordered them while I used the bathroom. I ended up with a big glazed doughnut that was pretty good.

After a few kilometers on the Camino, we passed through the little town of Poblacion del Campos, and as often happens nothing was open. About 2 kilometers later we entered Revenga del Campos. No place to stop there either, but we took a look at the old church. Another couple of kilometers and we reached Villarmentero de Campos (Getting the Campos theme here?), and right at the edge of town was what will probably turn out to be the most unusual albergue on the Camino. They had a dog, two big geese and two donkies wandering around their yard. To make things even more unusual was the strange assortment of lodging they had in their backyard. Several small shacks of varying sizes and types, two big tube-like things, and two teepees. Yes, I said teepees. After a good tortilla and coffee, along with a shoe-off break, we were back on the Camino.

Four or five kilometers later, we passed thru Villarcazar de Sirga, where I tried to use the bathroom, but the whole was without water, so I had to resort to the Camino bathroom. Another 5 or 6 kilometers and we entered our destination for today, Carrion de Los Condes, a fairly large town. We located our preferred albergue, Albergue Parish de Santa Maria, and checked in. It is a nice, clean facility with a great kitchen and a small laundry room with 1 washer and 1 dryer. The rooms are a bit crowded with no place special to put your backpack and it seems only one place, outside the room to plug anything in.

We ate a good lunch at The Cafeteria Los Condes. I had a combination plate of chicken wings, French fries, delicious empanadas, very tasty croquetas, and a salad. After lunch, we walked around looking for good stores. We bought some stuff for the communal dinner tonight, and I finally bought a pair of gloves for the cold mornings, and a net bag for laundry. I also found another thimble. I am having trouble again with internet, so this blog may be late.

Tomorrow, we plan on starting a couple hours late so Alex can catch up with us. We will then either walk to Ledigos, about 23 kilometers, or maybe Terradillos de Los Templarios at 26 kilometers.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb