July 4 2014 Bled, Spodnje Gorje, Viselnica, Krnica, Trnik, Gorjuse, Koprivnik, Jeremiah, Bohinjska Cesnjica, Lake Bohinj via mtn pass


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
July 4th 2014
Published: May 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

In true form Gus updated his camera satellites before we set off from Bled to Lake Bohinj via the road less travelled. Local people had all stated that the mtn pass was much more interesting although it involved a "bit of climbing" um!!!

The route we took was Bled, Spodnje Gorje, Viselnica, Krnica, Trnik, Gorjuse, Koprivnik, Jeremiah, Bohinjska Cesnjica to the lake.

On the way up Gus had stopped to take some "David Attenborough" shots of some bees. This brought out the competitive side of me and hence a shoot off. Gus was later declared the winner. Unfortunately, Gus used techniques known only to him and usually called "sheer arse" and I believe he got the best shot. He reflected on his SAS days and also called it shoot n scoot.

The 18% hill went on for ages, 8 kms to be exact, but the photography contest brought some light relief. Incidentally we have almost identical cameras. Gus' model is one model up but I can't use it as an excuse. On the way down the competitive edge continued and we had a "lean off", generally described as who could go quickest around the hairpin bend. Fortunately I used techniques previously taught to me by an old mate called "Barry". I just used to call him "The Sheen" and was declared the winner although I'm sure with different tyres on there was a lot more left. However, skin is more valuable than a daily trophy. Lol.

Gus' bike had developed a creak which I put down to his body but he was sure that it was his bike. We stopped to assess but no cause was found. I'm sure that I heard the same noise when we were climbing the 38 stairs in to the hotel. Is that why Gus insisted on using the lift thereafter?

The bike path was smooth and along the way we saw some wild goats. Using stealthy techniques learned from my days as a burglar I got a couple of photos. Gus used his clogs to sneak up on them and consequently missed the shot. Previous to this we'd only seen deer. With the day coming to a close we found suitable accommodation and settled in. Dinner out was the usual debacle of ordering something and then seeing what turned up. Generally it bore no resemblence to our order and tonight was no exception. Lol. Incidentally why is it that when we book into accommodation we are always in the top floor. Slovenian humour I reckon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb