July 2 2014 Trzic - Bled


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
July 2nd 2014
Published: May 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

During breakfast the owner, Igor and his wife had written a set of instructions on how to get to Bled. It was an easy cycle and described as one that his wife does with a child's seat on the back of the bike. The first few kilometres were downhill and then came the mountain goat section. She was obviously another person that trained with the Slovenian cycling team. The hill was less than four kilometres long so relatively short by Slovenian standards. Once at the top we had panoramic views of the Triglav range.

At 9.30 am we stopped for a coffee. A group of road workers pulled up at the cafe to start work and had what we believed to be a planning and safety meeting. All had a beer and then conducted what ( we think) was a risk assessment of the job at hand. The guy who had two beers was nominated as the driver of the steam roller and the rest grabbed a variety of hand tools. Apparently steam rollers are less likely to do damage than hand tools in the hands of an intoxicated user. Lol

We left the cafe thinking that OH & S was a bit different in Slovenia.

An easy ride in to Bled was punctuated by further road works at Begunje which led us to detour through Lesce to reach our final destination.

We called into a local information place who "happened" to suggest the hotel next door which had a deal on. Lol. We booked in and after a quick shower went for lunch and a quick look at Lake Bled.

As my hair was getting unruly I decided to try and get it cut. However, the thought of parting with $25 for an alleged haircut didn't sit well. A strong wind and aggressive rub with a towel would sort out most of the problems.

Lunch then turned into dinner and we wandered down to Lake Bled to take some night shots using techniques known only to a few. Unfortunately as I got there I inhaled a large flying creature which put up a tremendous fight with my tonsils before submitting to superior strength and deciding to flap around in my right lung. Although I had won the battle I certainly hadn't won the war and the terradactyl size creature continued to cause havoc as I coughed and spluttered like a seasoned smoker at the side of the lake. Consequently I only got one photo!!


Where I stayed




Krim Hotel - Ljubljanska cesta 7, Bled, Slovenia


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb