Some good, some not so good. Today the ups and downs have nothing to do with hills.


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
August 23rd 2023
Published: August 23rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Some good, some not so good. You win some, you lose some. There are up and there are downs. You win on the swings, you lose on the roundabouts.

Plenty of good food lately. My breakfast muesli and yogurt was great and the tomato soups we have had here have been consistently very good but … We experienced the opposite end of the spectrum tonight with a burger served with sachets of sauce and mayo and beer in a plastic cup! Why?

Left Bled and our first real view of Ljubljana was near the central railway station. Bled is delightful, scenic and attractive not many railway stations are. Bled is upmarket and touristy, the zone around the station is not. Quite a few homeless and the area is quite ‘scungy’. The graffiti here is edgy and much more in your face than we are used to here, even in the tourist zones. Well good and bad.

Ljubljana at first glance has a packed tourist area that quickly peters out. We’ve only been out and about for an hour or so and tomorrow we travel to some special caves so I’ll reserve judgment but suffice to say the city has some good bits and you guessed it, some not so good.

And I found a fantastic bronze door to a church. Good. Then I saw the accompanying sign. Well!

But even better than a holy place, a shrine to the kransky sausage. Good. But Julie would not let me go in. Well!

Because it’s been so hot here the city has set up several water sprays that are quite the hit here. That’s bad and good.

More shots of the dragon bridge and a couple of city scapes but that’s it for now.

Caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.376s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.1973s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb