Today, part 2.


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Kranjska Gora
August 18th 2023
Published: August 18th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Yes it’s still Kranjska Gora and it’s still today but because our walk was short, easy and quick we decided to walk to the nearby lake. We have a couple of big days ahead of us but walking without backpacks and with no encumbrances at all meant it was a stroll rather than a walk. It also enabled us to find a restaurant off the tourist path a little so we may get something a tad more traditional than pizza. To be fair though we have had only the pizza and it was really good and in fact the pizza that we’ve seen has looked good. Most pizzeria here have big wood fired ovens and the aromas are quite enticing. But we will see.

But for those accustomed to late night reading I’ll attempt to fill a few gaps with words and pictures.

The photos show the lake and walk to it pretty well. It was busy but not hectic and that now customary water colour still has us beguiled. You can easily see fish swimming (that if there are fish there! You can’t see fish that aren’t there!). Then back through the village and saw that great beetle. Very easy to see as well.

Tomorrow has us walking about 17 km but without a heap of altitude variation. That should suit as Julie has to be a bit careful. She has iced her foot and had a couple of Radlers so you can’t prepare better than that!

Well happy reading for part 2. See you soonish.

Caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb