Kcab in Slovenia.


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Kranjska Gora
August 18th 2023
Published: August 18th 2023
Edit Blog Post

My Slovenian cultural attaché has informed me that it’s not ‘Kransky Gora’ but ’Kranjska Gora’ despite the fact we have ‘kransky’ sausage and not ‘kranjska’ sausage! So if you are corresponding with Julie use the ‘Kranjska’, anyone else ‘Kransky’ seems fine.

We walked back into Slovenia today after being driven back towards Tarvisio. Did not drive the entire way as it would have meant walking through the streets of a fairly large town. So along quite a gentle track used by heaps of cyclists and described as several paths (Juliana, Alpina…) Some variations but always scenic and green. The National Park and the giant slalom were features but the looming and omnipresent mountains still manage to steal the show. We also cut the distance because we could and because Julie’s foot isn’t terrific. Some stages are easy to trim a couple of km using a bus or shuttle service but others are more difficult. As a consequence it’s early afternoon, Julie is icing her foot and I’m using some ice to cool my first Radler of the day. How sympathetic am I?
Tomorrow is the ‘official’ first day of the trail but our twelfth. I’ll check out some details and get back to you soonish!

Again I’ll try for todays photos.

Caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb