Surprise, surprise, surprise. More ups, downs, rocks and roads.


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Slovenian Littoral » Tolmin
August 12th 2023
Published: August 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Well we are close to Tolmin, so I think I have the region correct.

Last night’s accomodation was a private home very much in the BnB category. Run by a husband and wife team, he searched for and picked the mushrooms, she did everything else. With little English (but enough) and lots of graciousness she managed to look after both of us. She even volunteered to drive us to the town where we thought we would have to take the train. That saved us a walk of a couple of km and it was quicker than the train - win/win for us.

About 17 km distance wise with the now standard loading of almost 900m ascent/descent made for another day of really sweating it out as the temperatures have again risen. It is delightful in the forest but as it’s pretty vigorous we are hot and sweaty before being exposed to the sun. The road walks click off the km quickly but they are hot and hard on the feet. Numerous water falls meant cool water was easy to find and much appreciated but an icy pole would have been wonderful. We didn’t see any until we reached the place where we are staying and they had some delightful gelato. Cold drinks are tough to get here, they are refrigerated but nothing like we would expect back home. I managed to get some ice for some sparkling water in our hotel and that was a treat.
It’s evening meal time so, I’ll call a temporary halt.

I’m kcab.

Ordinary meal but certainly good enough. Glass of Slovenian ’champagne’, some quite creamy and tasty ice cream and served in the most picturesque setting it was pretty good end to another big walking day.

I’ll have to use Facebook for the photos as again the Travel blog accepts them but does not display them.

There are trail shots and shots of us looking exhausted but there are also a shot or two of Jock and Jill, the couple from Dunkeld. We also met the Swiss again as we recovered with a gelato which was good.

Went to the bridge jumping. Impressive event and there were several really well credentialed divers, some from as far as the US.

Short day tomorrow which will suit us as both of us are a bit tired.

Anyway I’ll do what I can with the photos and put them up on Facebook.

Caio for now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb