Stage 12 but day 8!


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Slovenian Littoral » Kobarid
August 14th 2023
Published: August 14th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Stage 12 but day 8. True. We commenced in Bled which is not the official start of the Juliana Trail but because it’s sort of circular it did not matter where we started except the signage is numbered although it takes a trained eye to spot such a relatively minor detail. Tomorrow we take a bus through a section of the trail that has been closed for ages for road works and track maintenance. No argument here as though today was quite easy the heat is starting to affect us. Once it gets above 30 degrees we feel it unless we are in the cool of the forest. Today had us on minor roads and through small but cute villages so it was a hot and sweaty trek. I’m stuck in the circular process of sweating heaps and drinking heaps. I’ll put up with the sweat! The bus cuts a long day into an easy day which will be good as there are a few tougher days to come.

Much of walk was along the river today or even when we were away from the river bank it was still in sight so that glorious colour was almost omnipresent. Bit wilder than near Most da Soči and apparently it continues to get a little wilder as we re enter the more mountainous regions.

Still meeting the Swiss but probably not for long because it’s our shout for drinks now. Saw them as we commenced today, saw them walk off into the distance (not for the first time) and saw them as we were having drinks post walk. They came in for a late lunch. We find it tough to eat much on the trail and in fact we still have lunch in our back packs and it is passed 6 o’clock here. Proof you can live on beer (only 2% and very fruity) and potato chips! Also saw what I’m pretty sure to be 2 more Australians but they took a couple of wrong turns, seemed blissfully unaware of us as we passed them and looked less than ‘human’ as they came for drinks in the same cafe. I’ll give them another chance tomorrow.

Little hotel mixup. Where we walked to had no booking or luggage for us but really my fault as the original booking had changed and I had not updated it. Little mistake with even littler repercussions.

Well should be basically up to date.

Photos are still not working so I’ll use Facebook for them.

Caoi for now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb