Day 15 - First impressions of Montenegrins


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Budva
June 8th 2015
Published: March 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Our host had offered to prepare breakfast for us, in the traditional way so the next morning, we were able to try the local cuisine; the famous “lokumi”, small fried bread still lukewarm, accompanied by tomato salad and cucumber, homemade orange marmalade, bought marmalade, cheese (to be eaten together with the orange marmalade and “lokumi”) and tea.

Walking towards the bus station, a taxi man approached us in the street a little bit before the station, offering to drive us to Bar for 3 Euros per person, so we accepted. From there we could find other buses to continue our journey.

With us, there was an old man who asked where we were from… in Montenegrin or some other Serbian-similar language. We talked about Stanislas Wawrinka’s success the night before against Djokovic at the famous Roland Garros competition. After quite a few minutes, he first told us to be Serbian.

In the bus station of Bar, we found a bus to our next destination: Budva. Once there, we started looking for our accommodation the « Garden Hostel ». Not having any idea where to go, we were walking around, following some street, hoping to find a city plan or tourist centre and a man approached us to ask if we were looking for an accommodation. He brought us to the hostel and then added that we could go to his house if we wanted to smoke some weed while staying in Budva. Well, he was a nice person.

A young guy of about fifteen, speaking quite good English, welcomed us. He explained everything in a very friendly way and we left our bags and stuff in our room before heading to the old town and beach. The whole place was lovely, especially the old town. It used to be an old fishermen’s village and its fortress is still there (we had to pay 2.50 Euros to get in!) We ate in a small bar, selling sandwiches and salads with freshly pressed juices (I tried orange – apple – carrot).

Later we went to a shingle beach. The pebbles were so small, that they were tickling our feet all the way along the beach.



Before going back to the flat, we tried a heavy chocolate dessert somewhere in the old town (although we are professional dessert eaters, we could hardly finish it), followed by a cider, listening to a singer and guitar player.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb