Day 14 – more adventures were waiting for us…


Advertisement
Albania's flag
Europe » Albania » North » Shkodër
June 7th 2015
Published: January 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Our flight left with 40 minutes delay. In the end, we had about 3 hours to sleep before waking up again, to go on our next flight. What is more, our room at the Istanbul Airport Hotel, was upgraded and we got a suite, for 3 hours to sleep in. Very funny situation. (I suspect they saw “Swiss” on the booking, and were quite surprised when they saw us arrived, with our backpack and youth.)



3 hours later, we were back at the airport, to take our flight towards Tiranä (Albania). Vincent only got his swiss ID card and I feared that we couldn’t pass the border (I had a pass). Luckily there were no much problems, even if the woman had a quite long look on Vincent’s card.



From Tiranä Airport, we went on a shuttle bus to Tiranä City centre and tried to find the tourist Info.



The driver literally stopped in the middle of the street to buy a battery for his car. Funny.



At the tourism office, they indicated us where the minibuses were leaving from, direction Shkodër (border of Albania and Montenegro). We though more than once, that we were going to die. “How to drive in Albania?” is to be able to overtake slow cars, with another car or truck coming opposite, without killed oneself.



In Shkodër, we had no idea how to continue, so we asked our driver for a solution. He called a friend of him and we were soon sitting in a private car going to Ulcinj, with the driver, one of his friend, and a weird box he had to bring to the other side of the border. I didn’t want to know what it was, and I still don’t want to.



It took nearly 2 hours to pass the Albanian-montenegrin border.



Once in Ulcinj, safe and sound, we met our very nice host and started washing. After a short nap, we went down to the sea and discovered lovely Ulcinj in the sunset. We had dinner at “Old House” and went to bed.



They weren’t much people, but Ulcinj is THE seaside resort all Balkan States, in the high season.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb