Southern Europe -Day 4


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco
June 23rd 2016
Published: June 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Well, into another country already. Up early, Sweden lost the soccer so we had mournful singing most of the night. Up early for a walk along the promenade by the sea. Lots of rubbish everywhere and lots of council workers cleaning it up. quite a few sleeping bodies on the beach as well.

Bought some nice fresh fruit from the market outside our door. Then off to our boat to Monaco. Sea was like glass. And ever so clear. Cruised along the coast and arrived in the French harbour which is just beside the big port of Monaco. Short walk into the main town and found our way up the very steep hill to the Prince's palace. Disturbing thing is they have defribulators placed in strategic places on the way up......

Got there in plenty of time for the changing of the guard Monaco style. Wandered the old town then watched the guards do their bit. Impressive but no horses.

Hopped on the hop on hop off bus and did Monaco that way. Pleasant seeing it was bloody hot there today. The trip wandered in and out of the Grand Prix circuit. Those streets still have the ripple strips in place. Got off at the main casino just in time for a show. Monaco have a kickboxing bonanza being staged and they had pretty girls lined up next to a stretch limo with those big boxing belts. Lots of Russians and other suspect looking guys with noses spread across their faces at strange angles.

Then there were the cars parked out the front. An old ford GT from days before the GT HO era along with ferraris, rollers and other beauties. Wandered around a bit then needed a drink not cheap but cold so good move on our behalf. went to go in the casino but I was banned. They don't like thongs..... How un-Australian.

Chris went in and her sandals were ok... Got some pics then we got back on the bus to finish the lap. Did another full circuit and then got off at the port to catch the boat back to Nice. Nice tour through all the bay's with commentary of the best villas, who paid €300 million for that villa, etc. quite a few big "yachts" out with people playing in those bays as well.

Back for a freshen up then out for dinner again. Back to the scene of the infamous soccer ball in the food bowl.... Much quieter tonight and the food and wine was great pity we had tompaybthis time. Never mind.

Back home, then to a laundromat to dry some clothes then to bed. Gotta re-pack the bags before we head off tomorrow to the next part of the holiday. On a ship up the Rhone to Paris.

Advertisement



24th June 2016

Loving the blogs!
Thankyou for the blogs, they are terrific. You sound like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy! We look forward to the next one. Hope you are both well. Denise and Tezza xx

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb