Vondering the Fulda Gap


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Fulda
July 20th 2023
Published: August 3rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

July 20, 2023 – Vondering the Fulda Gap

We wake up our breakfast bread is waiting for us beside our door. I think the bakery elf’s deliver the breakfast each morning. Just saying....

After breakfast and everyone has showered and dressed were off to meet up with Eberhart and tour the areas around Fulda.

First, we arrive at the Wasserkuppa mountain where the gliders take off. We walk the paths up to the top. It’s very windy, no wonder they fly the gliders here. Opa was stationed here in 56-58. Ask Kirsten, Bea or Mandy about his time in Germany, there are GREAT stories. This is the highest mountain in the area and there is a weather station on top.

Caroline and I ride the Rodel bahn.... it’s like a sled on rails it fast and fun, so much fun we did it twice.

It was a bit of a rainy day, so before and after the Rodel bahn we sat inside the café and had a coffee while waiting for the rain to stop.

We walked around some more and then we were off to the Kreuzberg Monks brewery started in
1677. On top of this mountain are three crosses and stations of the cross all around. Mandy/Kirsten/Bea have been here many times of the years. See photos. Of course, the beer and lunch were great. These monks sure know how to brew beer! And the rain stopped!!

After a needed nap we walked across the street and had a great dinner at the restaurant next door. We sat in the restaurant and played cards, and when we returned to our house, I did some overdue computer work.

Am I tired? YEA! off to bed tomorrow will be a long day of driving.

We are heading to Berchtesgaden.

Good night....


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb