Vondering through Fulda


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Fulda
July 19th 2023
Published: August 3rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

July 19, 2023 – Vondering through Fulda

We wake up our breakfast bread is waiting for us beside the door. Oh, I forgot to mention the landlady takes our breakfast bread order each evening and by 7am, it is outside our door. That’s what I call service.

Kirsten and Bea prepare us the perfect German breakfast. Bread, meats, soft boiled eggs and cheese.

After breakfast and everyone is showered and dressed were off to see Omi’s hometown where Opa met Omi while stationed in the military. Just a quick note, Bea was born in Fulda. Another great story to ask her about.

We toured thru the Fulda Dom, the village of Fulda was setting up for a concert in front of the cathedral which took away from the beauty of the outside of the cathedral. But the inside was quite magnificent.

We decide to have lunch by Omi’s church in the center of town. Kirsten, Bea, and Caroline walked around all the shops looking for something to buy. Me I returned to the car and took one awesome nap.

It was 3 o’clock they were back from shopping, and it was time to go to Eberhart’s for a German ‘grill abend’. Basically, a German cookout. Hanging out with family always makes the vacation better.

We arrive at Eberhart’s, hugs and kiss were given and received by everyone. Petra is Mandy, Kirsten, and Bea’s cousin. She passed earlier this year. Eberhart is Petra’s husband.

We sat in their garden and Eberhart grilled brats, steaks, it tasted great. We had beer, wine, and his homemade liquor, it’s called German water.

Food, fun and fellowship was had by all, hours later it was time to say goodbye. We promised to see each other again soon.

Kirsten drove us back to our hotel and we all crawled into bed.

We’re exhausted, and tomorrow we will be touring the areas Omi and Opa hung out around Fulda. Eberhart will be showing us around the Rhon.

Good night.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb