Time to say goodbye.


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Karlsruhe
July 18th 2023
Published: August 1st 2023
Edit Blog Post

July 18, 2023 – Time to say goodbye.

We all wake up and have a wonderful breakfast with Swen, Eva, Mark, Savannah, Bea, Caroline, Kirsten, and me. Wow! what a table full of folks, it was great listening to all the German and English and Germglish being spoken. I just sat and smiled and nodded yes when I was asked a question. I have no idea what I agreed to. I probability sold my soul.

That’s ok, its only when they come to collect that you need to worry.

Around 10 am, we begin the goodbyes, hugs, and kisses. Mark and Savannah are off to visit Maria and James in Wangen. We’re heading to Fulda; Kirsten has a house rented just outside of Fulda. Big thanks to Eva and Swen!! They took all of us in at the same time, housed us, fed us, washed clothes for us. This is what family does.

On our way to Fulda, we stop in Heidelberg and visit the castle, and have lunch in the city.

Second, we stop in Miltenberg, and take a break. This is where our good friend Crystal Plowden is from. It’s cute village on the Mossel River and today it‘s overrun with Viking Cruise tourists. We have a beer and ice-cream and then back on the road to our house.

As we get closer to our house, we stop at Lidl grocery store and stock up on goodies.

We arrive at our FEWO, aka our rental house. This is the same one we shared with Lori and Sam in 2019 while doing the Christmas markets. Great place if you need a central location in Germany.

After checking in and bringing in our luggage, we walked across the street and have dinner in the restaurant that Hedy went on a date before she married Bill.

After dinner and playing cards we’re exhausted, and tomorrow we tour Fulda.

Good night


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb