Going to Berchtesgaden


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Fulda
July 21st 2023
Published: August 3rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

July 21, 2023 – Going to Berchtesgaden

We’re up.... well, that could be debated. Our breakfast bread is waiting for us beside the door.

Another perfect German breakfast is on the table and I’m thinking the elves were here, you know I could get used to these elf’s taking care of me.

After breakfast and everyone is showered and dressed. We load the car and were off to Berchtesgaden. You know... where Adolf partied with Eva Brun at the Eagles Nest.

Today is going to be a long drive day. But first, we stop at Nuernberg and walk around and check out all the sights and have lunch.

After leaving Nurnberg, we drive thru fields upon fields of HOPS! We thought of our hometown brewery Grove Roots.

Finally, after multiple bathroom stops, we arrive in Berchtesgaden, its 5 PM and everyone is getting off from work and traffic is heavy. Before we get to our next house we stop at the local Aldi and stock up on breakfast items. I’m looking to see where you buy the elves, I couldn’t fine them.

Next were off to find our little house Bea arranged for us. Yep, Bea has a friend that owns a cute house in Berchtesgaden. Now how cool is that! She hooked us up for 4 nights, thank you Bea.

After putting our stuff away, we’re off to find a restaurant. We decided on a German restaurant downtown. Why you ask because they were playing German folk music and Caroline was singing and dancing along.

It started raining so our waiter moved us under the patio umbrella, and we were able to continue eating and singing the evening away.

After dinner we crawled back to the car and returned to our house and played cards. Kirsten is winning each night, she is channeling Opa’s card skills and its working.

Off to bed, tomorrow will begin our adventure.

Good night.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb