Onward to Paris and the Tour De France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Champagne-Ardenne » Reims
July 28th 2009
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I woke up in Epernay from a good night sleep; I rolled out of bed and took my shower first. I then woke Lori up as I headed down to breakfast. Lori came down 45 minutes later boasting how fast she was this morning. Yea, if I have my way she’ll be taking 5 minute showers and dressing as she’s getting in the car.
We loaded up the car and headed toward Reims, Lori has mastered driving in France. She’s maneuvering thought the circles like a formula race car driver. As we came down the main street in front of the Reims cathedral the question started to flow. Lori was so wowed by the size and detail of the Cathedral. How, what, when, who…….
You know I have to agree Reims cathedral is pretty incredible. I guess that’s why they crowned the kings there.
We finished walking around Reims loaded ourselves back into the car and headed toward the Back roads of the Champaign region as we work our way to Paris.
While we drove we found a Monument / chateau, we stopped had lunch and shared a bottle of wine we purchased back in Germany.
While we were eating lunch a wedding procession arrived. Everyone was beeping their car horns. After finishing lunch we left and continue toward Paris. Lori noticed a large monument up on side of the hill. She asks can we go and see that, of course I said, as soon as the word yes came of my lips she whips the car into a u-turn. Everything in the back seat is on the floor along with my maps. As we were approaching the monument we started seeing signs leading us to the “Monument to the World War”. This monument was built and is maintained by the United States for the Americans soldiers who lost their lives during the World War. This monument was build before WW2. Everything about the monument referred to the world war and not WW1 or WW2. It was built around 1920.
After seeing the monument we got back on the road and to make up time we jumped on the express way and headed to Paris. I was fully expecting to get lost big time in Paris, however Lori took over navigating. She lead us right to the front steps of our Hotel. We immediately threw our luggage into the room and started walking around Pairs for the next 2-3 hours. We ate and drank our way back to our hotel room. Lori’s first impression of Paris was everything she hoped for. Once we got back to our hotel room we logged in and updated our Blog an emails
It wasn’t long before went to sleep we were both very tired and had a big day the next day.
Yep, the Tour De France.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



28th July 2009

Paris!
Glad to hear you are both alive and well after a couple days without blogs! Sounds like you are having a great time! How long will you be in Paris - Francis arrives Thursday morning! And I can't WAIT! I bet the weather there is not as sweltering as here..
29th July 2009

You two look great!
These photos are breathtaking - thank you for blogging your trip; I'm really happy you two are having so much fun. Love ya! -Drew

Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb