Prague Castle


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
November 30th 2008
Published: February 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi Friends and Family,

Prague Castle.

Aha.

The beauty of Bohemia and all that it stands for.

Really, words don't do it justice.

Its an absolute beautiful and on such a beautiful day too. Wow!

I've left it too long I know but you could always check me out on Facebook!!

It had been a long time since I'd been to the castle and so we took the Funicular Train and then walked through the palace gardens and via the monastory. Its a really scenic route and there's a trail that one can follow. Its hell to walk up the hill though!

It's great once you get there though and they even have palace guards so we were lucky enough to see the changing of the guards. Left. Right. Left. Right. About Turn. Yes Sir!!!!

Within the courtyard of the castle was the huge gothic church surrounded by gargoyles and other intricate details.

Like Scotland, the Prague Castle became a part of the city and connected to it were village-like features and other houses, shops, trades, etc surrounded and were even within the boundaries of the castle itself.

Of course, there are now no kings or queens and the Palace has been taken over by the President ( I believe ) of the Czech Republic and the quarters are now open to the public.

Since we came in December, there was a Nativity display made entirely of straw!

Before we left, we went to a local haunt just outside the Castle for Czech soup, local beer and apple strudel. Yum!

After that, we walked the streets of Prague to see the "New Town" at night. We stumbled onto an old Czech brewery that was absolutely choc-a-bloc with people. Both tourists and locals.

We had a few beers here and then went to one of my favourite tex-mex restaurants, "Jama" for the last beer and shots of vodka.

Good Night!






Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb