The Gardens and Rivers of Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
November 30th 2008
Published: February 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Good Morning Friends and Friends!

Today is the beginning of a glorious day!

After a buffet continental breakfast of bread rolls, ham, cheese, fried egg, bacon, tea / coffee and juice we proceeded to check out the less popular side roads.

The Czech Republic as an emerging European country has done and did enormously well. Public transport is well sorted. The underground system has just three lines and is so easy to manoeuvre and the trams are so spaced-aged and modern that they put a lot of North European countries to shame!

I’m told that the use of cobbles ensures that the roads last for decades if not centuries and are much safer when it comes to speeding. As for the frequency, most trams came every few minutes so forget about pulling your hair out ‘cos the bus was late or something!

Many churches and buildings of historical concern are laid in-between residential buildings and shops and it’s just so great to see old buildings peeking out at every corner. I’m a big fan of letting your feet do the walking rather than just relying on a map. That way, you get to see so many interesting sights, points and people.

Just walk around and take things in.

We decided to go by way of the rivers and various bridges which make up the city. We were so lucky that the sun shone and the sky light was bright enough to get really good views as there had been a forecast of snow….

Take a look at the pictures. Art and culture abound.

We walked towards the funicular tram which took us into the hills and thus towards Petrin and the Royal Rose, Seminarska and Kinsky Gardens.

The gardens were lovely, quiet and serene. We could have been anyway or even in “The Secret Garden”

Take a look yourself.

Enjoy!





Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0988s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb