Real tourist. Part II


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Krapina-Zagorje
August 2nd 2023
Published: August 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

It’s the p.m. part of the post.

Back to the upper town details of which were cleverly hidden on the back of the lower town map (who would have thunk to turn it over - don’t answer that I’m still getting over the flights here).

Julie just read my blog. Big mistake for me as she’s busy correcting my spelling, grammar and details. She is upset by the fact that my Museum of Modern Art is really the Academy of Music. Pedantic as it may seem, it just means read ‘Museum of Modern Art’ as ‘Academy of Music’ except when it is really the Museum of Modern Art. The colourful one is the Academy of Music (go figure), the boring colour one is the Museum of Modern Art (go figure).

Up the World’s shortest funicular railway (I think the ride lasts 62 seconds and Lee nothing about coincidences!) to the old town and the Kapitol region. Significantly less busy but it may be our timing as a couple of large tourist groups (yes large tourists and large numbers of tourists) were spotted (no not spotted but seen by us-stop being Julie!) as were neared the finish. Saw the Stone Gate and the Bloody Bridge. The Stone Gate is a stone gate, the Bloody Bridge isn’t bloody and it’s not a bridge! Sandy and Francis it’s just like ‘Cow Castle’. Don’t look for a photo as there’s not one. Now the Bloody Bridge has been paved over and looks like a bloody street and that’s an Australian bloody not a literal bloody. Also saw St George. Don’t ask me how he got here but yes he was doing his thing with dragons.

The weather has been delightful here with a temperature of about 26 degrees but it has been pleasant and comfortable so we hope it continues as tomorrow we are off to the Plitvice Lakes.
Caio for now, it’s gelato time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0918s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb