The joy of arrival.


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Krapina-Zagorje
August 1st 2023
Published: August 1st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Here we go. Second leg and almost 5 hours gone and probably a little more than an hour to go. The ‘function of the information system’ is not (according to the cabin announcement) so I’m estimating but confident. So after boasting of Emirates entertainment and their range and quality of movies here I am with no flight information, no BBC news service and no movies. Additionally there’s no power for devices so use of the iPad has even been curtailed. That means only a couple of sudoku!

Significantly smaller plane flying under the Dubai Airline livery rather than Emirates and in fact it’s an older 737, you remember them once upon a time they were state of the art but… Missed out on window seats this time so even the views have been cut. Most of the flight is over land and because it’s mid day and early afternoon we probably have missed a bit.

We should be able to catch a bus from the airport and as our hotel is very centrally located I don’t envisage any problems finding it. The hotel is quite oldy worldly but has undergone significant renovations during Covid times so we should be comfy here. We have a couple of days with some planned sight seeing and little walking before we head to Bled in Slovenia where we also have sightseeing planned but that involves a bit of walking. On board are quite a few swimmers from the national Slovenian team and their track suits have an icon of the Triglav Peaks which has whet the appetite for what lies ahead. They are travelling back from the big swim in Japan.

Managed the bus and tram and a little walk to our hotel. Very busy taking shoes and socks off for the first time in more than 24 hours and planning a bath so obviously blog loses to bath.

See you when I’m human again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb