Back at Khamnadie ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 9th 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

We pull up in front of the house before 05:00 and it is still dark. I am pleased to see that we still have two functioning gates but I cant see much of the house at all through the overgrown trees, bushes and grass. We locked up like Fort Knox before we left and trying to find the right keys in the dark was fun… in hindsight. Inside it is all a bit dusty but otherwise first impressions are better than expected. Even most of the lights are still working.

We spend an hour or so dusting and sweeping the worst away then Fin arrives. Surprisingly enough today happens to be a rare school holiday !! Temperatures are in the early 30s but humidity is stupid as usual this time of year. We are both soaked from our meager exertions, a state I will probably remain in for most of the next month.

I leave Jai pottering in the house and retrieve the motorbike from Jai's mum's room – I guess it will always be known as that. I put some air in the tyres and wheel it out to the front of the house where it actually starts up first time although it sounds a bit rough. I take it for a ride around the village and nothing has changed here.

Fin seems to be taller and has definitely lost quite a bit of weight so the swimsuit we brought her fits well. Shame I wont actually be here to take her swimming in it ! The back garden is very overgrown but nothing like as bad as it used to be the first few years we were away. Unfortunately our lime tree seems to have died, more likely as a result of some dodgy creature than through lack of water. Spying through the long grass though it looks as though the tree we planted last year to replace it might still be alive.

Garden is on hold till next week.

Fin stays through the morning helping Jai wash everything from the kitchen cupboards. Have lunch then I retire to the bed but cant drop off.

Late afternoon I take the bike to the village garage to top up the tyres, get some petrol. Take Jai to the shop then check-in with mum to report our safe arrival in Khamnadie.

Sent a couple of sacks of rice to neighbour Scott this morning and he returns with about 40kg of rice this evening which should keep us going for a while.

Turn in about 19:00 and althought the TV went on I dont think either of us got round to looking at it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb