Back on the road ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 8th 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 14.9335, 102.083

02:00 and still no sleep. I tell Jai that it is only 20:00 in UK and will be time to drop off shortly. The logic seems to work as the next thing we know it is 10:45 !! I nip out for coffees and croissants for brunch then back to room for what's left of the morning.

Lunch early afternoon at our noodle shop again before heading back to the room. I sort out a late check-out for us so we can keep the room till evening when we leave. I set the alarm for 16:00 and lie down but there is no sign of any more sleep. Eat at the guest house and then check-out about 17:30.

No problem getting a taxi this evening but the traffic is as crazy as ever and it takes till 18:45 to get to Mo Chit. We are still in plenty of time so take a seat in the aircon waiting area for a while and watch the minutes tick past. We head down to the departure point about 30mins early and find that outside a storm is chucking the rain down to the extent that the 19:30 bus is still stood in our bay and is waiting for the rain to stop or at least ease off. He finally pulls out at 20:00 and is instantly replaced by our bus. In what must be record time our bus loads up and by 20:15 we are off heading north and saying goodbye to Bangkok. We have the comfy seats in the small 6-person downstairs room with large, massage chairs and plenty of legroom. In addition we now have our own TV screen with a choice of channels including a couple of western movies. Neither of have headsets to listen and as it is dark, comfy and fairly quiet opt for a chance to sleep again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb