Lazy day ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 7th 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

I watch a couple of short TV programs on the TV before we eat then settle down with an audio book to pass the time. A brief flirtation with Harper Lee's 'Set A Watchman' leads to about 3 ½ hours of Flaubert's ‘Madame Bovary' which is very restful and I think I doze off a few times. The flight seems to pass quite quickly and we land at Bangkok about 10:00 local time (GMT +6).

Clear immigration through the Thai passport desk which skips all the queues and get a stay till 6 October which just covers me till my 4 October flight back to UK. Take a taxi to our guest house at New Siam arriving about midday. We are given a room on the third floor and I start to complain about having to carry bags up flights of stairs when they tell me they have an elevator, just for cases. We have been staying here for about 10 years and no-one had ever mentioned this before. Temperatures aren't too bad at about 32 but we have the aircon on right away and stretch out on the bed for a while.

About an hour after arriving we take a taxi to Mo Chit bus station to book tickets on the bus back to Phon Thong for tomorrow night. Taxi straight back and go to eat at our usual noodle shop just along from the guest house. Back to the room for a couple of hours in the aircon. I report our safe arrival in Bangkok to mum.

Go out about 18:00 for Jai to change some money. Rate is only 46.71 which isn't good but is still better than it looked like a couple of weeks back. A shower of rain clears Khao San Road pretty quickly and we head back towards the guest house to eat stopping for me to get some cash from an ATM on the way.

After we have eaten Jai retires to catch up with some Thai TV whilst I go for a beer at the Gecko Bar on the corner. Bit of a dump but its convenient and cheap. There are a few people about but it couldn't be described as busy. Perhaps the rain was keeping people indoors. I take a couple of coffees back to the room about 20:30 and call it a night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb