Off we go again ...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
September 6th 2016
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.7974, -2.4248

We take the easy option this morning and I drive to the bus stop to drop off Jai and the suitcases. I take the car home, say a final goodbye, then walk around to join Jai in plenty of time for the coach. National Express No 444 service is as punctual as ever and by 9:55 we are off and saying farewell to Longlevens.

We are scheduled to arrive at Heathrow Central Bus Station at 12:20 and are two minutes late – shocking ! We are booked for a transfer to Terminal 5 at 12:50 but hop on the Woking bus almost immediately and arrive at the Terminal before we should have left.

We are 15mins early for check-in so sit down to eat some lunch first. Drop off our cases then head through the security control to departures. As usual I set the alarms off and need a search. I then notice that my rucksack has been taken to one side for a search as well. In the surprising haste with which we passed through due to lack of queues I had forgotten a bottle of water.

Entering the departure lounge I check the screens to find that the flight has already been delayed by 30mins so it will be another 1 ½ hours before our actual gate is announced. Take a seat in our usual spot overlooking the airfield and begin the wait.

15:00 sees Gate No B32 announced so we take the shuttle train under the runways to the next terminal building and are amongst the first at the Gate. It is still not clear what time we will take off. We board at 16:10 but BA009 16:05 service to Bangkok does not leave until 17:00.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb