Supplies for wall arrive


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 30th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Wandering the garden before breakfast this morning I notice that our peppers are actually producing fruit. When we have tried to grow bell peppers before the fruit has started to form then rotted and fallen off so fingers crossed this year with a different sort of pepper we will be more lucky.
Go to see the chap who quoted on the wall and offer him 500Bht - <100GBP - and he accepts immediately. I am tempted to tell him to stuff it after his outrageous quote but Jai wants him to do the job so ... He says he can start tomorrow if we have the supplies ready by then.
I go to the village shop and order everything that I can think off we will need bu not being a quantity surveyor in the wall department we will have to wait and see.
Just as we are getting ready to start lunch the truck with the supplies arrives. A young lad unloads our 275 blocks by hand, having just loaded them onto the truck at the shop. I can see that his shoulders are hurting when lifting them down from the truck but apparently this is because yesterday they delivered a 3000 block and 100 sacks of cement to neighbouring Pak Chong. Rather him than me ! I clear everything up where the wall is to go and everything is ready for work to commence tomorrow.
George arrives this afternoon just in time for a chunk of lemon (lime) meringue pie.
No mains water again tonight - it is all on the road outside !!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb