Who said there was a water shortage ?!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 29th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Raised from bed half way through my first cup of tea just before 06:00 by a chap who has come to give us a quote on the front walls. Now that the rice is finished a lot more people have time on their hands and some wont work again till the rice gets planted next July !! He quotes us 13000Bht - about 260GBP - and if he isnt prepared to be very flexible with his price he wont be doing the work.
We bike into Phon Thong for a big market shop.
Temperatures are quite pleasant again this morning although I am sure that by mid-afternoon they will have crept up again.
You can tell that we are short of water in the village as on 3 occasions today, and on previous days, a water bouser has passed the house spraying the road to keep the dust down ?!
George arrives just as I am leaving to phone mum so departs to the village market instead.
Late afternoon we go out to the farm as I was thinking that with the rice finished everywhere it would be nice and quiet out there - wrong ! Within 5mins of arriving a pick-up pulls in with a couple of chaps. They exchange a few words with Jai then leave. As they are pulling away another pick-up arrives with two more chaps who have a couple of bottles of whiskey and are going looking for crabs etc in what water remains in the small river behind the farm. It is busier here than it is in the village so I give up and we bike back to the house.
We make a quick trip to the village marker, shower, eat then to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb