Plant the new trees


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 24th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

I woke up thinking that Jai had got cold in the night and turned the fan off but discover that the electric has failed. It doesnt take much to plunge the village into darkness. The lack of lights I can live with but I do miss the fan. Luckily not too hot at the moment so lie on the bed quite comfy.
As we couldnt have toast for breakfast eat some bread that Jai jas made. Sat on the front porch with a coffee and notice the street lights flash on which heralds the return of electric after about 5 hours.
Pad arrives about 08:00 and will return with dak-dak shortly. I line up all of the trees across the front of the house then bike out to the farm to make the holes to plant the trees in. About 20mins later Jai arrives by dak-dak taxi with the trees and Pad. With the holes already dug it doesnt take too long to get them all in the ground and wish them well on their journey. There are now 64 trees and although I have said this a few times now, there doesnt appear to be any room for any more !!
We need some fence posts for the back garden and some more posts to support a washing line. Dont have a B&Q nearby so head into the trees at the farm with a machette and help ourselves. Make the most of having the dak-dak here to carry them back to the house.
In the afternoon I read a bit, watch a DVD then bike over to see George. It isnt a happy household and for the first time he is talking about turning himself in to the authorities and going back to Romania for a while.
Pottering in the garden this evening I disturb a snake. About 1m long it is as thin as a piece of string, back and yellow body with a bit of red about its head. I dont think it is dangerous but treat all snakes with the greatest respect and keep my distance until I can persaude it to venture next door.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb