Get a good soaking


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
September 25th 2014
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Only a short shower overnight and by breakfast the roads are almost dry.
Jai decides to wash towells and bedding whilst I go into Phon Thong. I had gone about 2 miles and reached the next village of Ban Suan Ya when it felt as though someone had emptied a bucket of water over my head as the rain suddenly arrived with anger. I mafe about 200m more before I was soaked to the skin and carrying phone, camera, notebook, etc decided that this was silly and did a U-turn and headed back to the house. Stood in the bathroom door and stripped off everything. Luckily the washing hadnt made the line yet.
Set up Jai's mat loom in the lounge then got a book out whilst Jai started her least favourite job, stringing the loom.
The rain finally stops about midday but everything is very wet again. Lucky we got the trees planted yesterday as they wouldnt have got done this morning.
Our newly repaired water butt is now half full solely from this morning's rainfall.
Late afternoon we bike out to the farm to make sure that the new trees are still standing and to firm them in a bit more now that the ground has settled. They are fine.
Clear some grass from around some pappaya trees which are looking good and discover some pinapple plants that survived our burning and are also looking good and strong. Would be nice to get some fruit from these later.
Cut a 7m length of bamboo to use as a new washing line and Jai carries it back to the house over her shoulder sdat on the back of the bike. Lucky we didnt meet anyone coming the other way !!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb