Last day in Khamnadie


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 19th 2017
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

Wake up at 00:30 to watch Leeds 2v0 Brighton.Last day in Khamnadie for 6 months and we wake to a lovely clear blue sky after another night with some rain.Pancakes accompany eggs, sausages and tomatoes for breakfast.We leave some money with Fin's other gran to pay our electric bill when it comes then go to try and find the water lady to settle our bills for the coming 6 months; we pay a fixed monthly price for the meter (about 30p) before the cost of the water usage. Stop to say goodbye to friend Wan as we are passing.The rain the last few days has shown that one of our gutters is leaking a little so I climb up and clear out piles of dead leaves that have blocking things up.I fix another bolt to the front door then we prop up the front bench against the house to keep it out of the worst of the rain.I was planning to have a last ride around the villages after lunch but cant be bothered so give the bike a good clean then stash it away in Jai's mum's old bedroom.Fin comes to say a final goodbye as she wont be coming to the bus station with us tonight.Eat and finish off our packing, shower and change, then wait for neighbour Deu to come and pick us up. His son-in-law Scott arrives at 18:45 and we are soon saying goodbye to the village and heading off towards Phon Thong.The bus station is unusually busy with lots of disappointed people who have turned up without tickets to find all the buses full. Fortunately we have our tickets and so board our bus on time and are leaving to head south to Bangkok about 20:00.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb