Selling our fruit ... or not


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 3rd 2017
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

We are surprisingly free of aches and pains this morning which is a good start to the day.
Right after breakfast we finish loading up the handcart then tow it on the bike to the neighbouring village of Pak Chong to hopefully sell some of it at least ... fingers crossed.
There is no-one there when we arrive so we pull up in the shade at the side of the road and wait. Fortunately the chap arrives about 10mins after us. He takes one look at the fruit and says that it isnt ripe and wont have any oil yet. He searches through everything, estimates that we have cut about 200kg, and takes about 10kg that he is happy to buy from us. So that's about 1GBP between the two of us for about 8 hours of backbreaking work ... why ?!! Still, just about all of the trees are cleared now and we must look forward to a better harvest next year when the trees are a little more mature. Things should get better each year now that they have started to fruit.
We have been invited to a wedding at a neighbours house tomorrow and once we are back from the farm Jai goes off to help with the preparations for food. There is always a large group turn out to help and if nothing else it gives them a good opportunity for a good gossip. I guess if you dont go it will be you they talk about so ...
In the evening I go for my exercise alone.
Jai returns briefly to eat with me then heads back. There is a small party tonight but I wont go. If Jai goes to help with the food for the parties it means that I have to sit alone or with people I dont really know and probably cant talk to so its best all round if I simply stay at the house.
I go to bed to watch a movie on TV.
Jai returns about 23:00 but the music from the party is so loud that I havent had any sleep yet. No chance of getting any either till the music is turned off at 01:00.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb