Cutting palm tree fruit ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 2nd 2017
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.392, 103.924

02:45 wake up to watch Man City 5v1 Huddersfield.
Right after breakfast we borrow a small handcart and head out to the farm to make a start on cutting the fruit from our palm trees. We appreciate that most of it isn't really ripe yet but if we don't cut it now it will just die on the trees when we are not here. We will cut it all and let the chap who buys it decide if any of it is saleable. At least by cutting it all off we will make room for the new seasons fruit to start to form when the rains come and we could have a decent crop next year.
This is really hard work although fortunately this morning isn't too hot. We spend about 2 ½ hours and have cut by estimation about 60-70kg of fruit. They have been selling for about 10p per kg so even if the chap accepts all of it that is still only about 6GBP !!!! When we finish this morning we only have three trees left to cut but they are the ones with the most fruit on them and will take the longest. Will have to wait and see if I can face another session this evening.
This afternoon I spot neighbor Deu taking a truckload of fruit from his trees to sell and this gives me a new lease of life to get the job finished.
About 15:30 we return to the farm and cut approximately a further 60-70kg of fruit. We think about taking it all to sell this evening but it is getting late and getting dark and we are tired so decide to leave things till the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb