Ko Muk


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
February 7th 2014
Published: February 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately the only accommodation that had been available was in a tent but the agent assured us that if we booked it, once we were on the island if a room or bungalow became available we would be able to upgrade.



Well that just didn’t happen, the island was very busy and no rooms were available for a couple of nights so reluctantly we settled for a tent for two nights with the promise of a bungalow after that. The tent had a full sized mattress in so wouldn’t have been so bad but for 3 girls who came home drunk at 3.15 am and giggled at the top of their voices for best part of an hour!



The beach was very pretty and not busy considering all the bungalow operations were full. We spent 3 days there relaxing on the beach, snorkelling and watching the wild life of which there was lots, monkeys, monitor lizards and a whole variety of birds we’d never seen before.



Due to bookings we could only keep the bungalow for one night so again had to pack up and move to yet another room, this time with a shared bathroom, that was only available for one night too so by this time we gave up and left the island and returned to Trang before I convinced myself I was becoming a Gypsy!!



Our next planned destination was Ko Sukron and within half an hour of being back in Trang at Wunderbar we were eating breakfast, had a bungalow booked there and transport arranged. As well as being a brilliant cafe/ bar they were also an agent, a very efficient one at that, so we were on our way again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

the tentsthe tents
the tents

our first 2 nights accommodation set on a concrete floor!!
our hutour hut
our hut

after spending 2 nights in a tent!!


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb