Happy New Year - Chinese style


Advertisement
Asia
February 3rd 2014
Published: February 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

From Railay we travelled back to Krabi then onto Trang. The starting place for our next island hop to Ko Muk.



It was Sunday afternoon when we arrived and because Trang isn’t really a tourist place everything was closed. We found a cute little hotel in town, Yamawha, whose owners greeted us warmly as the tuk tuk driver dropped us off. They seemed to be falling over themselves backwards to help us find information about getting to the island but seemed to have no idea really which seemed a bit strange. It turned out they’d only taken the hotel over 3 days before and were still learning the ropes.



We walked around the town and found an agent who booked us some accommodation on the island for the next day and arranged the transport.



When we returned to our hotel the owner seemed relieved that we’d got it sorted out. I’m sure in time they will be able to help future guests..



The town of Trang was adorned with Chinese Lanterns everywhere to celebrate their New Year and looked very pretty especially at night when they were all lit up.



We discovered a wonderful café/ bar called Wunerbar where they served western food and spoke very good English. It was full of travellers and turned out to be an interesting evening.





Next morning, after a stroll around the curious shops and Market in Trang we were on our way to the pier for the boat to Ko Muk


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb